The collection contains photographs of some of the commercial buildings and residences designed by the architectural firm of Rubush & Hunter. Rubush and Hunter was a successful and well-known Indianapolis architectural firm founded in 1905. The firm designed almost 200 buildings in Indianapolis, Florida and the Midwest. The partnership was noted for the replacement of buildings on Monument Circle in the early 1900’s including many fraternal and social clubs. In addition, they designed many public buildings, including the Indiana School for the Deaf, the original Coliseum and Livestock Pavilion on the Indiana State Fairgrounds, City Hall, Indianapolis are the Circle Theatre, the Spanish Baroque Indiana Theatre, and the Walker Building; headquarters and factory for Madame C. J. Walker, and several schools. The Art Deco style was favored in many of their structures, including residences and apartment buildings. They were considered to be the most prolific Indianapolis designers of this style.